(This post was written yesterday)
November 16th is a big freaking deal around here. For two reasons.
#1–The Prime Minister officially entered the “terrible two’s” today. (Even though he’s been showing signs that we might have already been experiencing something of that “terrible” sort mixed in with all the cuteness for a while now). Turn back the clock two years and I’m sure you can imagine my surprise when I was 7 days over my due date and had to go in to the hospital to be induced on November 15th. The drugs they gave me didn’t work and so my labor didn’t start until 8-9pm on the 15th and the little buddy arrived at 5:47 am on November 16th–which leads me to…
#2–Four years ago today, we decided we’d take the plunge together and start this whole family business for ourselves. So yeah, two kind of big events for us. (This is the first year where I think we are really starting to look different from those people in the picture. Maybe it’s having a 2 year-old.)
*photo by Nicole Hill Gerulat
I’m grateful for both of these great guys in my life. And since I’m sure no one wants to see a monthly chronicle of our marriage, I will leave you with some of my favorite PML pics from his two years here on Earth. I will warn you, it might make you baby hungry…I know I am.
Brand new baby…
Landon 6 weeks
5 months photo by Mimi Karsh Narducci
Landon 6 months photo by Aaron Draper
12 months by Aaron Draper
Same day–still makes me want to cry…thank you Rod for suggesting we use a “1″ WITH THE CLIPPERS! (sigh…)
Oh boy that haircut really made him grow up.
A few milestones: (which I realize are probably going to sound very braggy…I apologize)
- He talks in sentences.
- If he really wants to get my attention, he calls me “Hilary.”
- He demands that Rod kisses me every time he leaves for work. (or else he cries)
- He’s very reasonable, as long I explain things to him in detail (and he’s not in a full blown tantrum).
- He has a puzzle of his name and knows all the letters. (not in order, yet)
- He yells really loud in public bathrooms so he can hear his echo. All the strangers lo-oove that.
- He’s big into “helping.” He helps with the dishes, making eggs in the morning, and putting on his clothes and seat-belt and then usually cheers or high-fives afterwards.
- He says “thank you” always. (high kick!) And if he wants something really bad (like fruit snacks or a toy) it’s usually “Please, thank you, you’re welcome” all at once.
- His friends are really important to him. He would rather be hanging out with Luke, Noah, Diego, or Colton over almost anything else.
- He loves samples at Costco (who doesn’t?)
- Going to football games this fall was his favorite thing to do. He would always yell “Go DOWNY!” or “B-Y-U” anytime anyone did anything, even though we never went to a BYU game.
- He sings songs and knows the words to so many it usually surprises me.
- Loves his tumbling class, Little Einsteins, Leap Frog, trains, trucks, cars, football, dancing, and will usually try to do sun salutations with me anytime I do yoga. I think I’m on track for a Renaissance man. I just need to work on his foreign language skills…(jk)…
As for our celebrating…that’s for another post…this one has been a monster. Thanks for indulging me.
Print This Post