What I Am Eating To Cleanse After Halloween

November 9, 2011

in Recipes

I’ve been doing a bit of a cleanse since I overdosed on sugar during Halloween. My goal is to have 60% of my plate veggies with the rest split between adequate protein, carbs, and good fats.  I’m also limiting dessert to the occasional square of dark chocolate/piece of fruit for the next week and then I’ll renegotiate.  I usually eat a lot of veggies, but I also get in ruts where I eat a lot of sweets too…

So far the day looks like this:

Breakfast

Before I ate the scramble I drank 12-16 ounces of water.

Then I downed a zucchini, onion, and green bell pepper scramble topped with Herbamare, nutritional yeast, black pepper, and the new love of my life…goat cheese.  Usually dairy is something to avoid when cleansing, but goat cheese is very mild on the system so I decided to go for it this morning. Really good.  Print this recipe.

Lunch

For lunch I had leftovers from my Peruvian Quinoa Soup with some fresh avocado (a bacon avocado that can be eaten with the skin on…the farmer’s market lady told me this, hopefully she’s right).

So far so good. :) I’ve also been drinking coconut water kefir and find that works wonders for digestion.  Meal planning and chopping veggies ahead of time has been essential for me, so that it’s easier to throw some veggies in a pan and cook it up if I’m in a hurry.

It’s helped to have my little Family Farm Fresh basket delivering fresh produce to the door.  PML thinks its really fun too, even though he looks rather bewildered in this photo.

Time to clean the house…oh joy!

Question:  What do you do to cleanse?  How often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print This Post Print This Post

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Becca November 15, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Both of those recipes look so amazing! I’m for sure going to try that scramble. I already make your mesquite scramble at least once a week. SO good! I hope you know what an inspiration your blog and eating habits have been to me. Thanks to you I’ve discovered a whole new section of the grocery store and I’ve started buying foods and ingredients that I didn’t even know existed. ; ) The first time I found the organic foods aisle I was looking around at the flax seed and coconut butter and I thought, “Whoa! I’m in Hilary’s territory now!” haha! I actually just read a book on vacation that has me majorly re-evaluating what I feed my family. Whole foods are where it’s at. You are doing such a huge favor to your family by feeding them such awesome stuff. I’m sure you’ve already added years to your life spans : ) anyway, good stuff! Keep it coming!

nose job kate hudson September 11, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Laser treatment can also be used for hair removal,
tattoo removal and to treat scars or hyper pigmentation. These types of surgeons are
often targeting patients with big budgets who are ready to shell out the big
sum of money just for looking better. Provided the Big Three can stay relatively healthy, the Heat have the potential to be
unstoppable.

dock truck box accessories September 13, 2014 at 2:48 am

Trade transmission oil just about every 500 hours or according to manufacturer.
Trout fishing is often done in scenic country
with few other anglers providing a relaxing environment.
If you do, and if you eat fish every night, keep what you need to sustain them.

tan September 21, 2014 at 6:09 am

s darkened, so be sure to be safe rather than sorry,
and don. One should remember that perspiration will cause uneven tanning.
First of all choose a suntan lotion that has a lot of moisturizer in it.

moving company prices nyc September 22, 2014 at 8:13 am

Most support is achieved with a grid-like metal
structure called a link spring. Also give written applications to cut
down all these connections after date of relocation to stop further bill generation. ‘Compare your electricity supplier with all existing suppliers in the market.

If you look you’ll also see so much thrown away and wasted money simply because of poor toilet maintenance.

Some time you may leave your interior light on or you left your
headlights on. The amount of stress you experience can be
reduced by engaging the right moving company to help you.

Cube wall shelves are another simple and helpful idea for storing some types of
craft materials, such as paper, felt, tape, paint, and similar items.
Fame and fortune might be glamorous but they are unpredictable and
uncertain. Mso – Normal – Table mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:
0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:”"; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.
Several expert packing and moving companies are
working in metropolitan city Hyderabad.

dock waltz box step October 7, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Polar kebbits are located north of Keldagrim, and west of
Trollweiss mountain. When tying the lines to your jugs use between 3′ and 6′ of line with a
single hook attached. They are “in the middle of investigating”
these mortalities, looking into everything from environmental factors including extremely cold weather to effects of the BP
oil spill.